It is possible when some children have a fever they may have a febrile convulsion (seizure). This happens when there is a sudden rise in your child’s temperature.
- 1 in 30 children will have a febrile convulsion.
- Between 6 months and 6 years.
- Febrile convulsions are not harmful, do not cause brain damage and there is no increased risk of developing epilepsy.
- Febrile convulsions are distressing for a parent to witness.
Signs and Symptoms
- Loss of consciousness.
- Child can go red or blue in the face.
- Muscles will stiffen or jerk.
- The convulsion may last a few minutes before the movement stops.
- The child may be sleepy and irritable afterwards.
You cannot stop the convulsion but you can do the following to assist your child:
- STAY CALM.
- Ensure your child is in a safe environment. Preferably a soft surface to protect them.
- Do not try and restrain your child (eg: stop the jerking).
- Do not put anything in their mouth (including your fingers), they will not swallow their tongue.
- Leave your child on their back, if you are concerned with vomiting, place them onto their side (recovery position).
- Time the length of the convulsion.
- Watch what happens, this information is important to relay onto the medical professionals.
What to do if the convulsion occurs in a car seat, pram or wheelchair:
- If they are in a car seat or pram and safely secured leave them there and gently support their head.
- Place them in the recovery position when the convulsion has stopped.
If the convulsion stops in under 5 minutes you should have them seen by a doctor. If they were unwell before the convulsion you should have them seen by an emergency department.
You should call an ambulance on 000 if your child’s convulsion:
- Lasts more than five minutes.
- They are non responsive after the convulsion stops.
- They are extremely unwell after the convulsion stops.
- If you are concerned at all you should always seek medical advice via your doctor or in an emergency call 000.
If your child has had a long convulsion they may be observed in hospital for a while. After a convulsion your child may be a little cranky for the first few days. Most children do not have any long-term health problems after febrile convulsions and normally grow out of them by the age of 6. If your child has repeated convulsions they may need to visit a paediatrician.
We recommend watching this febrile convulsions clip on YouTube. Studies suggest seeing a medical emergency in a ‘non stressful’ situation, has proven to aid a real life event.
There are many prestigious online pharmacies. However some aren’t licensed in the United States. According to statistics, it is not so easy to find prestigious source. You can purchase drug to treat chronic treatment of the symptoms of osteoarthritis or trigeminal neuralgia. Viagra is for the treatment of erectile disfunction and similar states when erection is of low quality. Viagra is a physic used to treat various upsets. What do you already know about online pharmacy cialis? This fabric tell more about the symptoms of erectile dysfunction and . Matters, like , are linked sundry types of medicinal problems. Like all other medications, Viagra is confidential ergo of it’s active element. Happily many problems with sexual health can be treated. One way to improve sexual malfunction is to make some rudimentary lifestyle changes, another is medicament. As with any natural activity, a rested body increases performance. You must be very circumspective while planning to purchase medicaments like Viagra.